All students at our school have their own school-based email account that can be used in line with the ICT acceptable use policy.
These instructions explain the structure of the email address and show how students can access their email from any web-enabled device.
The email address is made up of the student’s login name, followed by the student email suffix;
For a student with the login name of: smith1.887
The email address will be: email@example.com
To allow students to use any web-enabled device to access their email account, the school has set up a web-based portal. This can be bookmarked in a web browser and then accessed at any time.
To open the web portal:
1. Navigate to the school website (https://stjohnfisher.school) and click the Outlook Mail link in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
2. The email web portal will open (Outlook Web Access). The student should enter their school login name in the username box, e.g. smith1.887
3. The student will now need to enter their usual login password in the password box.
4. To complete the login process, click the ‘sign in’ icon.
5. The first time a student uses the web portal, they will be asked to set the correct location and time zone, choose; English (United Kingdom)
6. Select the correct time zone. (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. Click Save.
7. Students can now use the application to send and receive emails.
Please note that steps 5 & 6 will only be required the first time a student logs in.