Press Release: St John Fisher Catholic Comprehensive School Sixth Form Results 2020
St John Fisher Catholic Comprehensive School is thrilled to announce our 2020 examination results.
- 36% of all grades are equivalent to A or A*
- 70% of all grades are equivalent to A*- C
- The average grade for a vocational qualification was a Distinction*-
- The average grade for A Levels was C-
These grades, while not produced in the usual way, are a sign of the hard work and commitment that our students have put in over their seven years with us. They have also paved the way to some fantastic destinations, including:
- Five students who have accepted offers to study Biomedical Sciences at universities including Loughborough, Northampton, Lincoln, Nottingham Trent and the University of Kent
- Three students who have offers to study Law at universities including Coventry, Birmingham City and the University of Kent
- Three students who have offers to study Forensic Science at universities including Bath Spa and the University of Kent
- Many other courses such as Sociology at Aston University, Philosophy at the University of Winchester and Social Media and Digital Marketing at Coventry University
We congratulate them and all our students on their achievements.
Headteacher Dympna Lennon said that ‘It has been a difficult year, and I am proud of the way that our whole community has come together. These results are the product of a team effort from students, families and staff, and I would like to congratulate and thank everyone involved.’
Assistant Headteacher Emma Bailey, Head of Sixth Form, commented ‘I am immensely proud of all my students. It has been a pleasure to be part of their journey.’
SJF is proud of the class of 2020; we look forward to their next steps in the world beyond our doors and welcoming them back to our community in future.